Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 2

My time this week is very limited but I hope I can get my message across! This last week has also been very stressful but thats just what the mtc is all about! haha jk its about learning to rely and learn more and more about the Savior and the gospel. I'm still having a hard time with the language but when people talk slowly to me I'm starting to entirely understand what they are saying to me. Answering/ talking the language is definitely something that I still am working on. My favorite chapter in the BoM this week was ether chapter 12. It's all about having faith and being humble. If I humble myself and recognize that I have weaknesses then through faith the Lord will help the weak things become strong (verse 27).

So I bought a nice set of portuguse scriptures that are honestly nicer than my scriptures I used for seminary that I got when I was baptised. but the coolest part about it is that my triple BoM combination was $69 reals which is equal to $17.25 american dollars. my bible was on sale for half off and i got it for only $6ish american dollars. Elder tippets and i and taeching 2 "investigators" (its our portuguese teachers) and weve comitted both of them to be baptized after only one lesson with one person then 2 lessons with the other. we were only allowed 15 minutes per lesson. Obviously its not going to be as easy in the feild but its fun to watch Elder Tippets and myself have success. Our lessons consist of me asking a bounch of questions that I have written down, Elder Tippets relpying to her responce and then me reading my part of the lessons out of my potuguese or missionary book. Speaking is hard for me but it's slowing coming!!

Have faith in the Lord and strive to be like our loving Savior Jesus Christ. Rely on Him, have faith in Him, and all things will be possible.

love,

Elder Barnard 

No comments:

Post a Comment