Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 7

well, i finally made it out to the frield. i coudnt wait to get out here and leave the ctm.. nothing against that place, ut it was a prison! hahapres daltin is super super legit. my first official companion and trainer is...... elder w. dias!!! he is from the campinas area! just north of sao paulo. hes really cool. he speakes a little english so that is really helpfull.pres dalton told me that he wants e to baptise every single week.i didnt think that would be possible but after this first week i belive it. we just gotta work hard.

so i staight up live in a ghetto! haha but fortunetally i live on the church grounds behind locked gates. that makes me feel better when i try and sleep at night. haha there are so many people here in my mission there are 12 million people in sao paulo but 5 million of them are within my mission boundaries. crazy. my area is Itapecerica. there are two wards. my ward and then the other ward is covered by sister missionaries.

thing are definetly different here you eat a small breakfast, have a big lunch with members, then eat a small dinner (if we have time). that usually means that i eat maybe 2 pieces of brad before i hit the hay.. haha im starting to loose the aweful 10ish pounds i gained at the mtc. by the time my mission is all said and done though, i am sure i wil have gained it back in leg muscle. we walk and we walk and we walk and we walk up and down up and down hills all day long. by the time each day is over im soooooo exaused. im glad to be here though. im reakky worried about how my portuguse has been coming though. but when i asked elder dias (who has tained 3 other americans) how i amdoing compaired to how they did their first week, he said " voce e muito melhor de eles" you are way better than them... its hard to belive but that really gave me a boost of confidence to know that im farther a head than some other people. but at the end of the day, all of that doesnt matter. its  about how i am improving myself everday and not compaire myself to others.

sooooooo after just 6 days in the firld i baptised someone!!!!! way to set the bar high id say! hahah 

love yu guys! keep e in your prayers and dont ever be too busy to thznk the lord our god for all of our many blessings!

love, elder Barnard




No comments:

Post a Comment