Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 67

Well, I am convinced that this week was a mark in my mission in where I, Elder Barnard, changed for the better. Through my loving mission president, and the Lord I was able to turn myself into a new person. My faith this week was at a new level, there was literally no doubt inside me. It got to the point to where a miracle happened: (1 of many)

It was Friday morning and when we woke up it was raining.....the first thought was "JÁ ERA". (well I'm done for) we only had 3 or 4 new investigators (our goal was 12) and our plan that day was to find the rest. I knew it would be harder for the people to let two young adults that are soaking wet come into their homes to talk about Christ, instead of if it were us clean and dry without the rain. so the first thing I did that morning was a prayer, like always. but this prayer was different. This prayer was a prayer of determination and without having a show of a doubt i prayed, this was a true prayer of faith. what I asked was simple, clear and direct. Showing God that we would do our part and that it was just to ask such as thing as this... I asked God to hold off the rain from the moment we would step outside of our apartment so that we could help his children find the paths of righteousness through my companion and I.

 BELOVED PERSON WHO IS READING MY EMAIL that afternoon, in my area, not a drop of rain fell from the skies.

I KNOW that this was not a coincidence. It did not rain because of our faith. the faith we have in our Savior and in this work.

I was greatly humbled to have had such an experience as this this week. because of our faith in CHRIST we were able to beat our goals....and in the end BAPTIZE another child of God!!!

I love this work and the privilege I have to be a representative of Christ!!

with much love,

 Élder Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment